Muted Stripe

A Wonderful Surprise

Yesterday was a great day. I got a huge surprise.
You know that one thing you really want and it is totally out of your reach. Well for me it is this one lens. To some girls it's shoes, some Louboutins, or a bag, which I also love. But this lens was one I had been dying for. I know, I can't wear it, but it looks good. It makes people look good. Well anywho, my husband always asks me the same question, what is the lens you want? I always say the 50mm L. The what? 50 milliliter? No the millimeter. I said millimeter. No you said milliliter. Yeah, those are our silly arguments. It makes for good laughing and joking between us. Well going back to the subject. Yesterday he shows up and was happy. He always shows up happy, but this time it was different. He was trying to distract me and I was trying to rush him to get out to do our errands. So since he saw his plan wasn't working he ran out to his car and came back with something hiding behind his back, and met me right when I was about to walk out. Of course I froze, I know those movements. And there it was, my beautiful lens.
I can't wait to finally use it in a shoot. I've been trying to rent it and it had always been busy when I had need it. Now I have it! So happy.

When we finally got back I started playing with my new toy. So I called our family dog and like a good doggie she came running to me, until she saw the camera. She hates cameras and always runs away from me when she sees me with it. It is so funny. Well she eventually trapped herself when she forgot why she was hiding from me and walked into the laundry room where I was. That is when I took these photos. She was not a happy camper as you can see.

She gave me those sad puppy eyes, as if I was torturing her.
She even gave me the I am not participating in this look. She sure wasn't having it.
But after lots of sweet talking and telling her sweet nothings she gave in and gave me this adorable smile! Isn't she a cutie?!
This is Brownie, a dog that my mom rescued from a shelter. Aren't shelter dogs such good dogs?! They are definitely grateful dogs. Even if we don't know what she is, we love her to pieces! If you are looking for a dog, please go look at shelters or pounds. It is heartbreaking to see so many good dogs needing loving families.

Going back to my husband. During our nice lunch together I asked him how he asked for my lens? "Oh I asked if they had the 50 M-M L 1.2" I knew it! I traumatized him, he was afraid to say milliliter, lol. Thanks again to my husband for being so awesome and for these random surprises and wonderful gifts. I love you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment