Muted Stripe

Diana & Josh - Engagement Session

THIS ONE IS A LONG ONE:
In the end of last year my cousin-in-law gave us the wonderful news that she was getting married. As a photographer, I secretly hoped she'd chose me to photograph her wedding. She was as excited as I was for me to be her photographer. When she told me she wanted a themed engagement session, of course I was up for the challenge. She was getting a 1920's wedding dress made. I started researching what I could about that era. Most of the photography is serious, with strong poses and no smiles. Next was looking for a site. The Ebell Club of Long Beach was the first place that came to my mind. I had my wedding there and I obviously feel a strong connection to the place. I knew it was the perfect place, elegant and beautiful as it is, it was also built in the 1920's. After I contacted the manager Liz, she gracefully us permission to shoot there.
Silvia from Sassy Make-up collaborated with the hair and make-up and was a wonderful help thru part of the shoot. http://los-angeles-makeup-artist.blogspot.com/
Diana was a natural in front of the camera. We had so much fun shooting these.
Here are just some of many beautiful photos we took there in February:






This one is my favorite
I played with the light for a different look for the following photo.


It was time to move outdoors and take advantage of the natural light and background.







The Charleston
Diana had another costume change so we took advantage of another location.
I found a 1920's era trolley and headed there.


This photo was the one chosen to display at their bridal shower.





And last, a change to regular clothes for a more modern feel.


It was cute watching these two. Their love was evident through out the whole shoot.


A special thanks to the Ebell Club, Silvia with Sassy Make-Up and my husband Steve for their wonderful help.

1 comments:

Erika Duenez said...

Awesome work Lizzy...love it : )

Post a Comment